When it comes to what’s in my diaper bag, I used to feel like Mary Poppins (you know, that scene) with literally everything we could ever possibly need while out and about.
Nowadays, I have 8 full months of mamahood under my belt (so obviously, an expert ;)), and I’ve definitely learned what we absolutely need and what we probably don’t need when on-the-go. I always love seeing what other mamas have in their diaper bags so I figured I’d share too. If there’s one thing I’ve learned in the last 8 months of Ryder’s life, it’s that I absolutely learn the most from other mama friends.
First things first: the diaper bag.
I absolutely love my Fawn Design diaper bag. I have The Original Diaper Bag in Black. In my opinion, it’s the perfect size, super comfortable and everything I could want in a diaper bag. Even though it doesn’t look gigantic, it can truly fit A LOT of stuff.
And while the bag itself is pricey, it’s durable and absolutely going to last. Since it’s vegan leather, everything wipes clean super easily. And it’s the same material all throughout the bag, which makes a huge difference! There’s no fabric that can get dirty, stained or gross on the inside. All vegan leather, all throughout.
Okay, now: what’s on the inside.
If you want to visually see what’s inside, check out this Reel I posted on our Instagram!
- Changing pad. A must-have! I love the one I have from Fawn Design that came in the Changing Clutch Bundle.
- Diapers. Obviously. I think the rule is to take one diaper for every hour that you’ll be gone. Honestly, I always just keep about 6 diapers in there and just replenish as needed. The diapers we rotate between currently are Honest and Coterie (use this link for $15 off Coterie Diapers).
- Wipes. Another obvious one. We love the Honest Wipes. Personally, I feel like in order to be effective, baby wipes must have the ridges.
- Back-up outfit for Ryder. Instead of having a separate top and bottom, I try to always just keep a one-piece or romper as back up.
- Socks for Ryder. One time we were turned away from service because my baby didn’t have socks or shoes on… (I’ll spare you my thoughts on that.) So now I always keep socks in the diaper bag.
- Attachable toys. The “attachable” aspect of these toys is imperative. I always keep this crunchy, soft book that has a ring to hook onto things in there. I also keep a teether that’s hooked on a paci clip.
- Burp cloths. The only good ones are from Burt’s Bees. Trust me.
- Nursing cover. I find this one to be hugely helpful since Ryder is a distracted nurser. And this one breathes well so we aren’t too hot.
- Sunscreen. Loving the Badger brand.
- Hand sanitizer. I have the Honest Company one in there right now, but I truly dont recommend it. It smells yucky.
- Bug spray. Again, loving Badger!
- Bucket/sun hat. Bought these on Amazon and love them for Ryder.
- Sunglasses for Ryder. These Cocosand ones are too dang cute.
Now, I always use my diaper bag as my purse too because there’s no way I have enough hands to carry my own bag too. That said, when it comes to my stuff, I keep it super simple:
- Lip balm (I love the Cocokind MyMatcha)
- Hand Lotion
- Hair ties
And there ya have it!
What’s in your diaper bag?
Tell me, mama! Am I missing something? Did I give you a new idea? Let’s chat about it.